Top best answers to the question «How many hours are too many for a used boat»
How Many Hours are Too Many for a Used Boat? If you're preparing to purchase a used boat, this question will be of most interest to you. According to industry people and experts, 1000 hours is the maximum mileage for a used boat you're considering purchasing.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How many hours are too many for a used boat?» often ask the following questions:
⚓ Are there binoculars that can be used on a boat?
- When it’s time to head out on the water, the last thing you want to do is go sailing blind. For those who boat on all but the smallest water bodies binoculars add a versatile utility tool to your vessel that just can’t be left at home. What kind of binoculars are good for marine use, though?
⚓ Is it ever too late to patch up a boat?
- Exclusive to: Don't Starve Together. For the Shipwrecked item with a similar function, see Boat Repair Kit. "It's never too late to patch things up." “ Just in case of disaster. ” “ Fixing stuff is boring, but necessary. ” “ Mighty Wolfgang will fix all boats! ” “ To mend what the cruel seas have crushed. ” “ For repairing hull damages. ”
⚓ Is mirabella v too much boat for rod lewis?
- At 75 metres, Rod Lewis initially dismissed Mirabella V as too much boat. A dozen years ago, the Texan owner was looking to build a composite sailing yacht of around 60 metres and had been developing ideas with naval architect Ron Holland.
⚓ What are the best materials for building a boat?
- Aluminum is also a superb material for boatbuilding by the person qualified in aluminum welding. Aluminum boats using welded marine alloy construction are strong, lightweight, durable, and easy to maintain. As with steel, the designs should be specifically intended for this material.
⚓ What are the hours for the marine locator?
- Hours are from 8 am to 4pm Monday thru Friday. Be prepared to provide a social security number for common last names. Unit information is always helpful like Battalion and Company. This is a much more complicated process because some Marines may not be connected with organizations where they can be found.
⚓ What do boat trailers with too little tongue weight tend to do?
Wrap Up. There you have it, boat trailers with too little tongue weight tend to sway dangerously into a fishtail movement. This could lead to overturning or skidding, risking your life and that of others.
⚓ What is the handle at the back of a boat used for?
- a long handle at the back of a boat that is used for controlling the direction that the boat moves in a high part on a military ship or vehicle where guns are fixed. You can turn it in order to shoot the guns in any direction.
⚓ What kind of mesh is used for boat windows?
- Cut to custom window sizes at the marina or in your back yard. “Non-Fray” Bonded Mesh for Extreme Marine Weather Performance. The proprietary encapsulated Thermo-Weave™ shading mesh may be cut to any size or shape of boat window without the need for hemming or binding the cut edges.
⚓ What kind of rope is used for mooring a boat?
- Nylon is a common rope material often used for mooring and anchoring boats because it stretches | Find out the Properties and characteristics of Nylon rope. Home My Boats Polyester Aramid UHMWPE
10 other answers
According to industry people and experts, 1000 hours is the maximum mileage for a used boat you’re considering purchasing. The truth about boat hours, however, is much more complex and depends on so many other decisive factors.
If you are like many users that put 50-75 hours per summer, it will be virtually impossible to "wear out" a boat unless it is not cared for properly. We have purchased boats from MasterCraft that had been used at Cypress Gardens in Florida and had over 7000 hours on the original engine. They were still pulling ski shows every day!
With inboard boats, it’s recommended to change the oil every 50 to 75 hours. So if there was a used boat for sale with 745 engine hours, and it was routinely serviced, it would have had 9 oil changes. Like the truck, a boat with 745 engine hours has many years of optimal running performance left. In fact, it’s just past getting broken in.
In this video, we address the misconception of engine hours on a used inboard towboat.For a more in-depth reading of comparing boat hours to miles on a car, ...
Generally we did this at 1000 hours for diesels. Usually 400 hours for gas. These were run hard, used and abused, used for a lot of towing, running at high speed in bad seas, etc. In other words run really hard.
Aug 5, 2009. #8. Re: how many hours is too many? Well I decided against the boat with 800 hours, I found a newer boat with less hours, closer to home, for the same money, at a marina. I went and looked at it yesterday and will be going back today for a test run, and then to pay for it and sign all the paperwork.
The truth is; an under-used boat = an under-maintained boat. I have replaced many components which I believe would not have failed had the boat received regular exercise. Normal, average use is better for a boat than unusually low hours, IMHO. Quote; Link to post Share on other sites. TXTWIN. Posted May 9, 2013. TXTWIN . Members; 1,547 posts; Location: Round Rock, TX; Share; Posted May 9, 2013. Agree with most the posters here. Depending on the location of the boat, your biggest risk may be ...
Post subject: Re: Engine Hours: what’s too many for a used boat purchase? Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:50 pm . Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 pm Posts: 59 Year: 2008 Make: Yamaha Model: SX210 It was an AR210 with 185 hours, fins, tower speakers. Dealer was asking 22.5k. Boat was in great shape. I've been shopping them for about a month now. I've seen them as low as 18.5k and as high as 23k Hope that helps. Pat _____ 2008 SX210 Blue: Thrust Vectors, Tru-Locks, Bow & Cockpit Covers, Polk MM651 ...
The average use for a recreational boater is about 50 hours per season. When estimating hours on a used boat, or motor, you will want to estimate around 50 hours per year. This can change depending on the owner’s location. A place where the boating season lasts longer can mean more hours on the motor.
If a boat is 10-15 years old, 200-300 hours is most likely not enough. You would want to see that number closer to 500 or more for a boat of that age. Generally speaking, 1000 hours on a petrol V8 inboard putting out 350hp or more in a large sports cruiser (think 25ft or larger) has had a hard life.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «How many hours are too many for a used boat?» so you can surely find the answer!What kind of thread is used for boat covers?
- Thanks to PTFE thread, canvas boat covers can finally be made with the quality they deserve. what about the Other outdoor threads on the market? Polyester or polyester dacron is the most common marine thread you will find in marine canvas shops.
- Windows that slope forward at the top, often called ‘cab’ windows, offer exceptional day and night visibility, which is why this style is used almost exclusively on commercial and military vessels.
Boat lutes are the most common type of lutes found among the people in the Mindanao and in Palawan. These lutes are made from wood and have a slender body shaped like a boat and a long neck usually carved to resemble an animal or a mythical creature.What's the average price of a used boat?
- Listed below are used boats for sale worldwide from $180,000 – $200,000. Use the search tools to narrow your exploration. SYS Yacht Sales offers a wide range of affordable used yachts for sale, including motor yachts, trawlers, express cruisers, center consoles, sailboats and everything in between.
- If you’re cringing about what it will cost you at the chandlery, you might be interested to know that you can buy used boat parts for less than 50% of the retail price! The trick is knowing where to look. There are four places to find used boat gear and parts: boat salvage yards, marine consignment stores, online stores, and salvage auctions.
- Wisconsin's Largest Selection of Good New & Used Outboard Motors! Two HUGE Buildings of Over 100 Used Boats! Celebrating 44 years of outstanding boat sales and service in Green Bay, Jim's Outboard Service is the place to come for all your boating, fishing and water-skiing needs.