Video answer: Leading the land: cleveland's mayoral candidates tackle crime and safety
Top best answers to the question «Land & marine repair»
1 : the solid part of the surface of the earth. 2 : an area of ground or soil of a particular kind fertile land. 3 : a part of the earth's surface marked off by boundaries They bought some land. 4 : a country or nation your native land. 5 : the people of a country All the land rose in rebellion.
- 1. the part of the earth's surface that is not covered by water, as opposed to the sea or the air: "the reptiles lay their eggs on land" Similar terra firmadry landsolid groundcoastcoastlineshoreOpposite sea
- ▪ living or traveling on land rather than in water or the air: "a land mammal"
- ▪ an expanse of land; an area of ground, especially in terms of its ownership or use: "the land north of the village" Similar groundsgroundfieldsopen spaceopen areapropertyacresacreageestateestatelandsrealtyreal propertyreal estatelandholdingholdingcountrysideunbuilt landrural areagreen areagreen beltarchaic:demesnesoilearthloamsoddirtclayturftopsoilhumusmarl
- ▪ ground or soil used as a basis for agriculture: "my family had worked the land for many years"
- 2. a country: "the valley is one of the most beautiful in the land" Similar countrynationstatenation statefatherlandmotherlandhomelandrealmkingdomempirerepubliccommonwealthprovinceterritorydistrictregionareadomain
- ▪ a conceptual realm or domain: "you are living in a fantasy land"
- 3. the space between the rifling grooves in a gun.
Video answer: Lamu elders contest land survey, resettlement plan